For most people the Smokey eye can be seen as difficult and hard to master. It is a basic technique that can be mastered easily, these few steps are the ones that work best for me and I hope they can help you too.
1. I am going to use light and dark plum shades for my eye look but any colour can be used as the same rules apply. I am also using a mixture of cream and powder eye shadows. I start off by taking a Maybelline Colour Tattoo in the shade Metallic Pomegranate, I apply this with a duo fibre eye brush and spread it across my lid.
2. I then take a lighter shade of plum eye shadow and pat this on top of the cream eye shadow I have just applied. I am using an eye shadow from the Vintage Romance Palette by Sleek. I apply this with a flat brush like the Mac 239. This will make the look more intense because I am building up different shades of the same colour.
3. Next I take a dark matte plum shade. I am using Blackberry by Mac. I blend this into my crease using a fluffy brush like the Small Socket Blender from Blank Canvas Cosmetics. this creates definition as I am contouring my eye, It is key to blend out as much as you can because this creates the “Smokey effect”. I am also blending this colour along my bottom lash line to intensify the Smokey look.
4. I then take a pale matte eye shadow and highlight my brow bone and inner corner of my eye, you can use a shimmery shade if you wish. I am using the shade unwrap from the Ever After Matte Palette by Make Up Academy (MUA).
5. For my eyeliner, I am using the Maybelline Eye studio Lasting Drama 24hr Gel Eyeliner in the shade 01 Black. I create a “wing” starting from the outer edge of my upper lash line aiming towards the end of my eyebrow. I am not going to do a dramatic “wing” because the eye shadow is quite dramatic already. this step can be skipped if you think the look is dramatic enough already and do not want to wear eyeliner.
6. To finish off I add mascara, I am using They’re real by Benefit. If you wish you can add black eyeliner to your waterline to intensify this look , I would not advise this for people with small eyes as it closes the eyes in and makes them look even smaller, instead take a white eyeliner or Eye Bright by Benefit this will open up the eyes. Once all steps are completed you have the perfect Smokey eye.
I will put links to the products I used below. let me know what you thought of this and if you tried it out or found it helpful. Thank you for reading 🙂
Product list :
Maybelline Colour Tattoo – http://www.boots.ie/en/Maybelline-EyeStudio-Color-Tattoo-24hr-Cream-Gel-Eyeshadow_1253778/
sleek vintage romance palette – http://www.superdrug.com/eye-make-up/sleek-i-divine-pallette-vintage-romance/invt/801971
Mac 239 – http://www.maccosmetics.co.uk/product/145/383/Products/Brushes/Eye/239-Eye-Shader-Brush/index.tmpl
Mac Blackberry – http://www.maccosmetics.co.uk/products/spp/shaded.tmpl?CATEGORY_ID=CAT154&PRODUCT_ID=PROD363&SKU_ID=SKU1613
Blank Canvas Cosmetics small socket blender – http://www.blankcanvascosmetics.com/products/no-10-small-socket-blender.html
Make Up Academy Ever After Matte Palette – http://www.muastore.co.uk/index.php/matte-palette
Maybelline eyeliner – http://www.boots.ie/en/Maybelline-Eye-Studio-Lasting-Drama-Gel-Liner_1190781/
Benefit They’re Real – https://www.carapharmacy.com/p/benefit_theyre_real_mascara
Benefit Eye Bright – https://www.carapharmacy.com/p/benefit_eye_bright